Active Tropics Explorer: Cape Tribulation 2 and 3 Day Overnight Tours
Overnight accomodation and guided tour seeing all the best sites on the way to and from Cape Tribulation. Free time in Cape Tribulation in the Afternoon and Morning.
Includes: Experienced guide, welcome to country & smoking ceromony by an elder of the kuku yalanji, Daintree River Cruise Daintree Ferry fees Daintree National Park fees Lunch at PK's (only on the Day Tour)
Extra costs: food on overnight tours no meals included on tour (except if you purchase the feed me at PK's)
The pristine Daintree Rainforest region is a wilderness dream of lush tropical rainforests, deserted white beaches, sleepy rivers and breathtaking natural beauty preserved by World Heritage listing for future generations. A haven for those wishing to pursue an alternative lifestyle, the freedom, untouched beauty and relaxing style of this region attracts nature lovers and backpackers seeking the perfect holiday escape. World Heritage reef and rainforest come together along this section of the northern coast - nowhere else are these two natural wonders side by side and so accessible to travellers. A naturalist's paradise, this region is recognised for its superb wildlife, and eco-tourism operators provide itineraries offering fascinating insights into the creatures that inhabit this remote and beautiful river system.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS PLEASE NOTE: PRICE IS PER PERSON - TO BOOK TWIN/DOUBLE ACCOM THERE MUST BE 2 PEOPLE TRAVELLING TOGETHER. If a single person wants a double room then they also have to buy the ADDITIONAL SINGLE SUPPLEMENT TICKET (which is the extra night price for each night they stay).
CAPE TRIB BEACH HOUSE: Cape Trib Beach House is beachfront accommodation. The dining area is approximately 30 metres away from the ocean. Cabins are set into the rainforest to the sounds of ocean waves and native animals.
***Includes a beach bonfire each night***
- 5 bed Dorm with aircon & share facilities - 3 bed Superior Dorm with aircon & ensuite - Budget Double with aircon, kitchenette & share facilities - Ribbon Double with aircon & ensuite
FERNTREE RAINFOREST LODGE: This is a budget travellers dream! Relax in air conditioned comfort after a day of rainforest and reef expeditions. Situated in the heart of Cape Trib Ferntree is just minutes from the beach and is surrounded by rainforest.
- 5 bed Dorm with aircon & ensuite - Standard Twin/Double with aircon & ensuite - The Garden Rooms - Poolside twin/double with aircon, ensuite
PK'S JUNGLE VILLAGE: Stay at PK's Jungle Village right in the heart of Cape Tribulation. The lively life at PK's Jungle Bar blends perfectly with the rainforest setting and the untold fun and tours you can enjoy.
- 7 bed Dorm with aircon & share facilities - Twin/Double with aircon & share facilities - Twin/Double with aircon & ensuite
CROCODYLUS AT COW BAY: (This is not in the hub of Cape Tribulation this is a 30 min drive south of Cape Tribulation) South of Cape Tribulation, nestled under the rainforest canopy, Crocodylus is the only budget resort with a coral fringed island just offshore. Sea kayaking and paddle trek tours are a must during your stay at this adventure centre.
- dorm with ceiling fans & share facilities
- Return Transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Mossman Gorge “Wurrumbu”- Arrive at Mossman Gorge where you will be met by the traditional owners of the land you about to explore. You will participate in a traditional “welcome to country” and smoking ceremony with a kuku yalanji tribal member.
- After a quick breakfast stop (own cost) you will board an eco-friendly shuttle bus taking you deep into the heart of the gorge. This is an opportunity for a refreshing swim in the cascading water and majestic pools that make Mossman gorge such an iconic place to visit.
- Daintree River –Cable Ferry Crossing
- Guided walk - Journey into the oldest living rainforest in the world as our knowledgeable guides share with you the ecology and wonder of this World Heritage Listed Rainforest.
- Drop off to accommodation approx 12.45pm
- Pick up on day of departure approx 1.05pm
- Ice-cream stop at Floravilla (min 26 flavours available) (Optional Stop)
- Scenic views at Alexandra Range Lookout
- Wildlife River Cruise - Search for crocodiles and other wildlife whilst learning about the fragile ecosystem of the Daintree River.
- Local Tea - Try the locally grown organic black tea
- Port Douglas- Take a scenic drive through this picturesque beachside village.
- Returning to Cairns approximately 7.00pm
Departs: approx 7:30am from Cairns, 8.55am from Port Douglas (includes pick-up from accommodation)
Tour does not depart Christmas Day
No meals included on an overnight tour