Bunyip Tours: 1 day Great Ocean Road Classic Tour (BGOR)
Experience and enjoy the breathtaking Great Ocean Road, as every twist and turn exposes you to stretches of broad, uninterrupted beaches, dramatic coastlines and the lush rainforest of the Otway Ranges. All of this remarkable scenery provides an amazing postcard backdrop for all your ...
GREAT OCEAN ROAD
Small Group Tour – maximum 24 passengers
The spectacular Great Ocean Road is one of Australia’s most popular destinations.
Experience and enjoy the breathtaking coastline, as every twist and turn exposes you to stretches of broad, uninterrupted beaches, dramatic coastlines and the lush rainforest of the Otway Ranges. All of this remarkable scenery provides an amazing postcard backdrop for all your memories. This is a day that will be etched in your memory forever.
We travel west through Victoria’s second largest city Geelong, before heading south through the coastal township of Lorne, Apollo Bay before visiting the iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse,mainland Australia’s oldest surviving lighthouse where we learn about the fascinating history of the traditional owners, the Gadabanud peoples. There are plenty of opportunities to see the native wildlife in its natural habitat including koalas and a variety of birds.
We enjoy a typical Aussie BBQ lunch and a rainforest walk in the Otway Ranges, before arriving at the world famous limestone rock stacks, the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge on the western end of the Great Ocean Road.
Last stop is Gibson’s Step, before we head back to Melbourne after a fun filled, truly memorable day.
1 day Great Ocean Road tour (BGOR)
- Beach Stop – Enjoy the stunning coastal views and long golden surf beaches – feel the sand between your toes at some of Australia’s most impressive beaches.
- See coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Visit iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse & learn about the fascinating history of the aboriginal owners, the Gadabanund peoples.
- Exclusive entry into the lighthouse, see breathtaking views over the Southern Ocean and Bass Straight
- Look for koalas and native birds in the wild!
- Aussie BBQ lunch included!
- Rainforest experience – take in the luscious surrounds of the Otway rainforest and some of the tallest eucalyptus trees in Australia
- Must see – step down to the beach at Gibsons Steps, gateway to the 12 Apostles, where you will be dwarfed by the high cliff line and these enormous offshore stacks
- Loch Ard Gorge Discover the history of the Shipwreck Coast with a stroll along this historic beach
- Exclusive entry into Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Parks Vic fees
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits
- Aussie BBQ Lunch
- Informative & friendly Tour Guide
- I-Pods audio translations available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean & Spanish (Must be pre-booked prior to tour departure)
YOU PROVIDE (ADVISABLE):
Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, Water bottle, Bathers for swimming (time permitting).
GREAT OCEAN ROAD
Extra Costs: Dinner