Colourful Trips: 1 day Hunter Valley Trip
Wine crawl through the valley in Australia's oldest wine production region - the Hunter Valley. From internationally renowned cellar doors to historic family owned wineries you'll taste up to 20 wines, have a relaxing lunch, as well as free time to taste more and explore more!
The key to a good Hunter Valley day trip is the quality of the wineries visited and this tour visits some of the best including McGuigans, Draytons and Wynwood Estate. There is also free time for people to wander through the Hunter Valley Village shops, taste more wine at Tempus Two or drink a craft beer (own expense) at The Brew House at Hope Estate .
Our lunch is included in the price and is either a fun sausage sizzle or a cafe lunch so all diets are catered for.
- Private Group Wine Tastings - We visit very traditional wineries where you'll taste up to twenty different wines including red, white, sparkling and fortified. These local experts will explain the wine making process and the qualities and character of every wine you taste. You'll be an expert in no time!
- Wine Making Tour - Our first stop is a 'behind-the-scenes' wine making tour where you'll learn more about the process and knowledge that goes into making wine. Then it's into the cellar door to stimulate your taste buds!
- Family owned wineries - We like to support the locals and the small producers that are so important to maintaining the diversity and innovation in wine making. So we make sure you get a typical small winery experience with one of the Hunter Valley's pioneering winemaking families.
- Award Winning - In a highly competitive industry it takes a lot to win awards. So we make sure you visit prestigious wineries and surround yourself with success...and barrels of wine!
- BBQ or cafe lunch - Part of a good day out in the vineyards is an enjoyable lunch included in the tour. Depending on the group size and weather you'll enjoy either an outdoor sausage sizzle BBQ or an indoor cafe lunch. If you're a vegetarian please let us know.
- Free time - We give you an hour to expore on your own where you can choose to taste more local wine, cheese or a craft beer, or browse through the boutique shops to find a special souvenir of your day in the Hunter Valley.
Departs: Every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
7.15am Kings Cross (in front of the Holiday Inn)
7.30am YHA Central
7.35am Nomads Westend Hostel
7.40am Base Hostel
7.50am Wynyard Station (in front of the Menzies Hotel)
7.55am Circular Quay
Returns: 6:00pm approx.
Having a beer is at your own expense!