Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: General Admission
Voted one of the Gold Coast's most popular tourist activities, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary allows you to get up close to many of Australias iconic wildlife. Filled with interactive exhibits, wildlife shows and activities for young and old, this is a great value day out.
With over 1000 native animals, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is home to one of the largest collections of Australian wildlife in the world. Established over 60 years ago, the Sanctuary has attracted millions of visitors and continues to promote opportunities to get closer and interact with Australia’s amazing wildlife. Set amongst 27 hectares of lush Eucalyptus and rainforest visitors can see many of Australia’s iconic species on display in their natural habitat. There are many interactive wildlife opportunities throughout the Sanctuary where you can cuddle a koala, feed a kangaroo, hold a baby crocodile or snake.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has 13 daily shows including 2 new shows by Blinky Bill & his friends, the Free Flight Bird Show, Australiana Sheep Shearing Show, Dr. Doo-Lots and the Creature Teachers and the Yugambeh Aboriginal Dancers. Other notable highlights include the feeding of Boss Hog, a saltwater crocodile almost 5 metres in length, the cassowaries, wombats, Tasmanian devils, forest fringe birds and koalas.
Included in the admission price is the Wildlife Hospital Precinct where you can watch the vets in action. Dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of not only the local wildlife at the sanctuary, the wildlife hospital admits over 8500 animal patients brought in by the local community annually.
Optional upgrades are available for the Tree Top Challenge or guided Segway Safari tour located within the Sanctuary. Set amongst the treetops the Adventure Parc has over 80 thrilling high ropes challenges including bridges, ladders, a tarzan swing and exhilarating flying foxes spread over 5 courses. The Segway Safari allows you to glide through the Sanctuary on an eco friendly Segway with a friendly and informative guide showcasing points of interest along the way.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a non for profit organisation with all proceeds reinvested back into the Sanctuary, Hospital and into conservation based research, caring for sick and injured wildlife.
There is plenty to do for adults young and old at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
Daily shows Include:
- 8:00am Lorikeet Feeding & Photo Opportunity
- 8:30am Crocodile Photo Opportunity
- 9:30am Pelican & Eel Feeding
- 10:00am Blinky Bill's Wildlife to the Rescue Show & Possum Photo Opportunity
- 10:45am Flight Bird Show & Bird of Prey Photo Opportunity
- 11:15am Australiana Sheep Shearing Show
- 11:15am Big Fang Theory Reptile Show & Snake Photo Opportunity
- 11:45am Dr Doo-Lots & the Creature Teachers Show
- 12:30pm Meet Blinky's Mates Photo Opportunity
- 1:00pm Crocodile Behaviours Show & Crocodile Photo Opportunity
- 1:30pm Blinky Bill's Wildlife to the Rescue Show & Possum Photo Opportunity
- 2:10pm Free Flight Bird Show & Bird of Prey Photo Opportunity
- 2:45pm Australiana Sheep Shearing Show & Snake Photo Opportunity
- 3:30pm Aboriginal Dance Show & Photo Opportunity with Dancers
- 4:00pm Lorikeet Feeding & Photo Opportunity
- 4:15pm Snake Photo Opportunity
- 4:30pm Blinky Bill's Wildlife Celebration
Other highlights and activities include:
- Ride on our miniture trains.
- Visit the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital and see inside the busiest Wildlife hospital in the Southern Hemispehere.
- Meet Blinky Bill and his friends.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a not-for-profit organisation owned and operated by National Trust of Australia (Queensland). Profits generated from the sanctuary go back into maintaining the property as well as saving and building awarness for Australian Native Wildlife.
Open daily 8am to 5pm.
Closed Christmas Day 25 December and ANZAC Day 25 April
Free WiFi available so you can make your friends jealous!
The "General Admission" ticket does not include Treetops Challenge, Segway Safari, or Koala Experience. Photographs, food, beverages & souvenirs are not included in the admission price.