Mojosurf NZ: Surf & Stay Raglan
Spend 2 - 5 awesome days surfing and enjoying the lifestyle. It’s a perfect way to start your surfing career or build on what you have already learnt...
Spend 2, 3, 4 or 5 awesome days surfing and enjoying the lifestyle. It’s a perfect way to start your surfing career or build on what you have already learnt. With the dorm share you can exchange this for a campsite or upgrade to twin, double (or even a house), for an extra charge on request on arrival. Food is self-catering. We have a fully kitted kitchen and town is only 15 minutes away.
Each day includes includes:
· 1 nights Accommodation (dorm can be swappaed for powered campsite if travelling by campervan)
· Surf Lesson
· Equipment: Surfboards and wetsuits provided during lessons
· Free Extras: transfers into Raglan town, Sauna, Foxtel, Pool table, Glow worm viewing, Loop Track walk, Mt Karioi hike, Bridal Veil Falls
Push bike and board hire also available (at extra cost)
Typical Day @ Raglan: Surf lessons are normally in the morning then take advantage of your free transfer into Raglan town to explore and get supplies. There is a kitchen at the lodge to make whatever you like (meals are not included). Enjoy all the other activities around the lodge like the sauna, pool table, glow worm viewing, loop track walk, Mt Karioi hike, Bridal Veil falls or hang out on the beach. Chill out at night or party in 'The Barn' with your new friends.
How to get there
Make your own way to Karioi Lodge – many different modes of transport –
- Express Bus: Catch the bus to Hamilton and then get the connection bus to Raglan. We’ll pick you up from outside the library.
- Stray Bus: No worries, your bus will pull right into our camp. Raglan will be one of your stops, so you can jump off the Stray Bus, do your Surf & Stay and then jump back on in a couple of days and continue your trip
- Self drive: We are 2.25 hours from Auckland (drive south to Ngaruawahia, turn right at the BP station and follow the signs) and 45 minutes from Hamilton (take State Highway 23)