Taupo Tandem Skydiving - Tandem Skydive
Skydive from 12,000ft or 15,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo with TTS, NZ's original drop zone! With local Hummer pick ups, free Rotorua pick ups, free USBs, YouTube uploads and the most camera options in NZ, a skydive with us is unforgettable. We're also the #1 Taupo Activity on ...
Why Choose TTS?
- We are the original full time tandem drop zone in NZ, since 1992 we've jumped over 200,000 tandems from our bright yellow plane!
- Consistently NZ's best priced skydive
- Taupo's #1 Outdoor Activity on TripAdvisor, we have 800 amazing reviews and counting!
- Free local pick ups in our yellow stretch Hummer! Plus we offer free pick ups from Rotorua
- We offer High Definition footage and a free USB flash drive with every camera package, and we upload every video to YouTube
- Incredible scenery, over active volcanoes and gorgeous Lake Taupo. Coast to coast views from 15,000 ft
- We offer the most camera options in NZ, Handycam and Freefall video and photos. Choose between a group video with friends or go solo with a personalised individual video. On a budget? Grab our exclusive exit photo for just $25.
- Grab a free buff with every skydive! (Buff = fantastic scarf accessory type thing to keep you warm and stylish)
- Friendly experienced staff - we speak Hebrew, German, Swedish, French and even a little bit of Welsh
- With two different heights and seven different camera packages, we can suit any budget!
- First we will pick you up from your Taupo accommodation in our brand new stretch Hummer, or you can drive out to us at the drop zone, there's plenty of parking onsite.
- When you arrive we'll ask you to sign waiver forms, then we will go through all of your different options regarding altitude and camera. Don't worry if you've got a voucher for a 12,000 ft jump and want to upgrade to 15,000 ft, you can just pay the difference with us.
- Once you've decided on your height and camera options it's time to get ready! We will show you through our hangar where you can store your belongings in our lockers before gear up.
- It's gear up time! You will meet your tandem master and camera man, smile and wave for the camera and watch our safety video while we outfit you in a jumpsuit, harness, hat and goggles.
- When you're all geared up it's time to enter the plane and take off. Your tandem master will point out the beautiful sights around the Lake Taupo region on your scenic flight up to altitude, which takes about about 15 minutes.
- The moment of truth has arrived - it's time for freefall! Your tandem master will move you towards the door. Stop and smile for a quick photo before exiting, then experience the amazing feeling of freefalling at 200kph above Lake Taupo! Enjoy 60 seconds from 15,000 ft or 40 seconds from 12,000 ft, and spot the coast to coast views and snowy volcanoes of Tongariro National Park!
- At 5,000 ft your tandem master will deploy the parachute and you float back to earth, enjoying more of the stunning views. You may even get to steer the parachute!
- On landing, we'll grab you together for a final euphoric shot. You did it!
- After the skydive we will de-gear you, then grab a glass of water while you laugh your head off at your skydiving video in our cinema.
- Just before you leave you can check out the T-shirts and Hoodies on offer in our shop, then we'll give you a certificate before taking you back to your accommodation. Thanks for jumping with us!
Trip Highlights - coast to coast views from 15,000 ft, scenic flight to altitude, 60 epic seconds of freefall, parachute ride, Hummer pick up and drop off
We provide all-day free local pickups from Taupo in our brand new stretch Hummer!
We also pick up from Rotorua (alas in a minivan, but still exciting!) at 12.30pm each day, returning the passengers back to Rotorua between 4pm and 6pm depending on pax numbers.