Territory Expeditions: 2 day 4WD Kakadu Nov - April
This is a great way to explore Kakadu over the spectacular Wet Season. The Storms are building up and the smaller water falls are coming alive again. Tours conducted in an airconditioned 4WD to ensure we get off the beated track. Small groups of 16. Designed for the fit and active 18 to ...
Kakadu in the Wet season is a special time for the true adventurer. It is hot and hard going however the reward is outstanding. The storms that build over the day ensure an amazing light show and cooling change in the evening. This is a good time to sit back and watch with a cold drink and hear stories about the local aboriginal people. Territory Expeditions have special permits to access areas of Kakadu and truly get away from the crowds. This allows us to enjoy greater access as other areas close due to seasonal weather conditions. We are a small and locally owned company and our tours are designed for the fit and active backpacker. We have experienced guides who are passionate about their “”Office”” and keen to show you around.
Sleeping bags can be hired for $10 each.
Day 1 - Kakadu
• Pick up at 7am from accommodation.
• Head to the Adelaide River for our Jumping Crocodile cruise.
• Nourlangie Rock (Rock Art and Views)
• Nawurlandja lookout.
• Warradjan Cultural Centre
• Camp Private Safari camp - Aussie BBQ with a taste plate of croc, Buffalo and kangaroo.
• Showers and toilet facilities (L,D)
Day 2 - Kakadu
• Early to rise for a big day
• Gunlom Falls (when accessible) or Yurmikmik, walking and Swimming
• Drive back to Darwin Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion. All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners. All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
All city pick up are between 7am-7.30am. The 2 day 4WD Kakadu departs Wednesdays and Saturdays, November to April.