NOMADS FRASER ISLAND TOURS 2d/1n 4WD self-drive departing Noosa (Includes pre & post accommodation (2xnts) at Nomads Noosa)
Nomads Fraser 2d/1n 4WD self-drive tag-along safari departing Noosa. Includes 2xnt at Nomads Noosa, 1 night on Fraser Island at Eurong Beach Resort, 4WD vehicle hire, professional guide, fuel, ferry transfer, meals on the Island and local fees.
Nomads Fraser 2d/1n ex Noosa tour departs from and returns to beautiful Noosa Heads and includes 1x night at Eurong Resort (6 share en-suite dorm), situated a stone’s throw from the Pacific Ocean on Fraser Island.
We also offer the option of booking your customer into the lead car with one our guides for a fully guided experience at no additional charge. This alternative would suit those wanting to find out more about the Island, its history, fauna and flora (subject to availability, must be advised at time of booking)
What’s included :
- 2xnt accommodation at Nomads Noosa in an 8 or 16 share en-suite dorm (8 share on a first come, first serve basis)
- 1xnt accommodation in a 6 share en-suite dorm at Eurong Resort on Fraser Island
- 4WD Vehicle hire
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa the night prior to the departure
- Meals while on the Island (Day 1 – lunch, dinner, Day 2 – breakfast, lunch)
- Return ferry transfer to the Island
- Local fees
- Exclusive post tour party at KB's Bar
- A compulsory pre-tour briefing is held at Nomads Noosa , at 18:00 pm the day prior to the departure to the Island
- Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum 21yrs of age, and hold a valid drivers licence ( minimum 2 years driving experience necessary and must have the original licence present).
- A $250 pp fully refundable* cash bond will be collected at Rainbow Beach prior to the departure. *provided the vehicle has been returned undamaged. Make sure you have cash with you as there is no ATM's to use in Rainbow Beach. Alternatively you can pay $10 excess reduction fee (non-refundable)
- Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 7 days notice (10 days in peak season)
- Linen available for hire $10 per person per trip
- Please be ready at Nomads reception by 7am on the morning of departure to the Island. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Make sure you have checked out of your room and have your luggage with you .
Food: Meals provided are Day 1 - LD and Day 2 - BL . You can purchase snacks and souveniers at the general store and a bakery in the Eurong Resort .
Security Bond: A $250 cash security bond will be collected on arrival at Rainbow Beach. Please ensure you have cash with you, there will not be any ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Your bond will be given back to you in cash at the end of your tour providing the vehicles are returned without damage. Alternatively you can pay $10 excess reduction fee ( non-refundable)
Tour cancellation less than 72 hours prior departure and no-shows incur 100% cancellation fee . Changes permitted up to 72 hours prior departure
TO BOOK: Call 1800 Nomads (+61 2 9690 0288)
Arrive to Noosa and check in at Nomads Noosa at 44 Noosa Drive . You must arrive before 6pm to attend a compulsory pre-tour briefing held at Nomads KB’s Bar where you meet your fellow travellers and learn more about your Fraser Island tour. Safety is paramount and this is when you find out about do’s and don’ts , driving tips ,and nominated drivers will be required to complete required liability and insurance forms. All passengers are required to attend the briefing to be allowed to travel to the Island the next day
DAY 1 – The group departs Noosa by bus at 7am and head towards Rainbow Beach ( 1.5 – 2 hours drive). Please be waiting for the bus at Nomads reception by 6:45am. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Please ensure you have checked out of your room and have both your Fraser luggage and your main luggage with you. We stop at Rainbow Beach to inspect and collect the vehicles, hand signed rental agreements, pay $250 cash bond and to collect food and we’re on our way to the Island. We then take a barge from Inskip Point and land at Hook Point on the Southern tip of Fraser Island approximately 10 min later. Depending on the weather, and the tide your guide will assess whether it is safe to travel on the beach or if we need to select an alternative route to our next destination – The Southern Lakes. After a relaxing break, it is time for a rainforest track to walk off our lunch and explore the Island’s unique flora and hopefully spot some wildlife too ! Afterwards we drive up to Eli Creek and visit the famous Maheno Shipwreck. Drive to Eurong Resort arriving at approximately 5:30pm, have a refreshing shower and then it’s dinner time
Overnight – Eurong Resort , Fraser Island
DAY 2 – Another early start to make most of our time on the Island ! After breakfast (continental style breakfast - cereal, toasts, spread, tea & coffee). Today we visit Lake Mckenzie for a swim and lunch (subject to whether and tidal conditions) and then take the scenic rainforest drive back to Eurong. We depart the Island at approximately 2:30pm, stop at Rainbow Beach to drop off the vehicles, collect bond and drive by bus back to Noosa arriving at around 5pm, just in time for the exclusive post-tour party at KB's
ACCOMMODATION DETAILS : NOMADS NOOSA, 44 Noosa Drive Noosa, Phone - (07) 5447 3355
T&C: Itinerary is subject to weather and tidal conditions and may be altered at operator's discretion at any time. Changes permitted up to 72 hours prior departure. Cancellations 72 hours and less prior departure and no-shows will incur 100 % cancellation fee.
This tour only runs from December to April
Departure days : Wednesday and Saturdays
Winter close out : 01 MAY – 30 NOV
SUMMER TIMETABLE: 19 NOV, 26 NOV and then every Wednesday and Saturday until 30 April
Pick up : Nomads Noosa - 44 Noosa Dr , Noosa , Ph - (07) 5447 3355
Passengers must attend a compulsory pre-tour briefing held at Nomads Noosa at 18:00 pm, the day prior to the departure to the Island
$250 per person fully refundable cash bond to be collected in Rainbow Beach on the way to the Island. The bond will be fully refunded provided the vehicle has been returned un-damanged. Please ensure you have $250 in cash as there is no ATM available at Rainbow Beach. Alternatively you may pay non-refundable $10 excess reduction fee instead. Optional - $10 linen hire per person per trip